Day 1 – July 4th
State of the Art in ABM Research and Needs in the Disciplines
The participants will be grouped according to their disciplines. The aim of this discussion is an overview of the situation of agent-based modeling in their research areas in terms of modeling purposes and development.
The group work slot consists of:
1 | Discussion Phase: Please discuss the following questions and related aspects.
2 | Documentation Phase: Please document answers to each of the questions discussed (listed questions and/or additional points that came up) and the outputs in texts. Please create slides for graphical representations.
We kindly ask you to discuss and find answers to the following questions:
What is the perceived status of the scientific progress of ABM? Where do we come from and where are we now with respect to ABM in our discipline / field of research?
- Please describe the main developments in your field in the last 20 years. What have been (possible) contributions in this respect by ABM?
- What were the milestone ABM publications contributing to your field – why?
- What are the main modeling purposes and modeling characteristics of ABM? Have they developed over time – how?
- How do you see the link between the developments in your discipline and the development of ABM?
- Please describe the acceptance of ABM and for what purposes it is especially accepted or not accepted at the moment?
- Can you observe the YAAWN syndrome in you field?
- What is the next important step in your discipline and what can ABM contribute to it?
[Output] Please describe and/or illustrate graphically the development over the past years and the expected development in the future with regard to the scientific progress of ABM. You can be creative here!
After the group discussions, we come back together to report the results and exchange thoughts and ideas across the groups.